“The dust blows across the barren earth of a once fertile land. Toxic gases, bottomless pits, disease, and dangerous relics of ages past. Few can survive in the harsh place the world has become. Yet among the wreckage left behind from the Great War, mankind, or a fragment of them, still lives…”
What is the Wasteland?
The Wasteland is an annual, 8 hour, Post Apocalypse themed LARP game inspired by works such as Mad Max, Fallout, and The Book of Eli. Players can choose to play as 1 of 3 different people groups or roam the waste as a Marauder. The people groups must struggle to survive against the threat of disease, hunger, and most dangerous of all; the other peoples. The goal of the game is to earn renown for your team by completing various task including gathering resources, raiding other cities, and delivering tributes. At the end of the game the team with the most renown will be declared the winner.
Who is it For?
The game is intended for players age 16 and up. All attendees must sign a copy of our waiver form which can be found by clicking this link.
If you are under the age of 16, but over the age of 12, and wish to attend you may do so provided you have a chaperon who is 18 years of age or older that sticks with you throughout the game. If this chaperon is not your legal guardian you must also provide a written note from your legal guardians stating who your chaperon is an that you have parental permission to participate.
The Wasteland is held at the PFP Gravel Pits in Blumenort, MB. Thise site features a large gravel pit with gravel hills, long grass filled plains, sandy vales, and a few treed areas.
The Wasteland is a full day (8 hour) event which follows the typical pattern of all our events.
- During the first half hour players will arrive, sign-in, and be divided into their people groups
- Then players will head to their People groups cities where they will decide a group leader using the traditions of their people group as well as set up tents and any other structures they have brought to the game.
- For 7 hours of game-play the teams will form and break alliances, raid other cities, gather resources, and struggle to survive the elements. Every hour of game-play will be marked by the sounding of a horn.
- After the 7th hour the end of the game will be called and the teams Renown added up and a winner declared.
- The final half hour will be reserved for cleaning up, players are asked to bring all in-game items to the town center in their city.
What Are The Costs
One of the benefits of LARPing is that one can spend as much or as little as they wish on the hobby. Good costumes can be made for relatively cheap out of thrift store items and safe weapons can be simply constructed at low costs. There are also a vast number of high quality weapons, armor, and costuming that can be purchased online.
Unlike many LARP hobby groups the Frontier has a game fee which allows us to pay our staff for their countless hours of work. In return we strive to provide a much higher quality game with grander facilities.
Adult Game Fee: $40 (includes 1 meal)
Child Game Fee (ages 12-15): $30 (requires chaperon)(includes 1 meal)
**Early bird tickets are available on our online store until July 22nd.
So you want to join the Wasteland, but exactly how do you do that? Well here’s a few helpful tips:
- Like our Facebook page, this is the main way we communicate with our players and is also the easiest way to keep up to date with all of our events and news.
- Read the rules, the more familiar you are with the rules of the game type you want to attend the easier it will be on the day you show up and the less time we’ll have to spend explaining things.
- Know our Safety Protocols, please make sure you have read our safety protocols. Items deemed unsafe will not be allowed into our games and players found engaging in unsafe or prohibited behaviors may be asked to leave.
- Download and Fill out our Waiver form, all our attendees are required to sign our waiver form in order to participate in any of our games as players or crew.
- Send us an email, you can email us anytime at email@example.com and we’ll get back to you as quickly as possible.
- Show up! There are a lot of ways to get started and prepare to attend your first Frontier LARP, but the most important thing you can do is simply show up and we’ll help you figure things out.